Monday, February 23, 2009

When and what occasion to hire a lawyer?

I don't really like the to idea of hiring a lawyer for a reason that you must have money in order to do so. It's expensive to hire one. But if the case requires you to have a knowledge on a specific law and I feel that its very complicated, I would definitely get one. For my visa, we didn't hire a lawyer because there are instructions on what you need and what needs to be done. But if it's a criminal case or any other case that I don't have any idea how it works I will hire one.

Criminal case for me is very complicated and one mistake and you are done. You might go to prison and that's the worst thing that can happen. And also for divorce. I've read somewhere that it's best to hire a lawyer because there are things that you don't know that a divorce lawyer knows which can also saves you a headache but what they said is you offer to do some task like photocopying the papers or some work so you will only be paying the lawyer for the technical aspect.
There are law firms out there who offers free for initial consultation like for example the Wheeler, Montgomery, Sleight & Boyd PLLC. They offer a free initial consultation. For more information you can visit them here: Vancouver Law.

No comments: