Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our Journey Home from Home

Hmmm!! this seems to be a weird title. But that's what this post is.



Anyway, Its been a great week. Finally were able to fly (in a plane of course ;0). Left Sunday afternoon from Buffalo to JKF (New York City), from JFK to Anchorage Alaska, to Taipei, to Manila and finally CEBU. Our flight from JFK with China Airlines was delayed for 1 hour. We were hoping they can make up for the delayed but unfortunately they did not and we arrived in Manila 1 hour late. We went to claim our baggage but it took us at least 30 minutes before we were out and about to change Plane to Cebu. By the time we were in the taxi did I realized that the terminal 3 for Cebu Pacific Airline was far and we paid the taxi about 200 pesos just to find out that we missed our flight. The teller told us We're just 5 minutes late and advised us to have our ticket reschedule and referred us to another teller. To make the it short the lady was very polite and it helped me a lot not to be rude (been in the plane for about 24 hrs and I am tired). We have to pay about 5000,00 pesos and this makes me sad. This is one disadvantages here in our own country. Don't get me wrong. I will always love it here but sometimes business people get all too carried away. They will take money out of you as long as they can. I understand about having to pay for rescheduling the flight but was just hoping for a little less. Anyway, Garry was shocked and started asking the poor girl a lot of questions. He was tired and frustrated so I asked him to back off stay at the back and save his frustrations for China Airlines people. After taking care of the ticket and ready to board the place we called my friends that are going to pick us up (Thanks to Val, Cristy and Lorraine) and told them that we will be an hour late.


All the flights was not that good except Jet Blue Air for Buffalo to JFK. China Airlines sucks big time. They were late and the food was bad. Oh well, the important thing is we arrived safe.


December 2, 2009: We are scheduled to leave Cebu and go home (province where my parents and family is) but can't go because Garry was sick. The next day (December 3) same thing happen and finally he let me takes him to a doctor. Doctor said his body was just trying to adjust to the new environment. Advised us to stay 2 more days before boarding a ship. Garry stayed in bed (at hotel) for 2 days. My mother told us to just go back without seeing them because she is scared about Garry's health LOL!!! We don't want anybody to worry so Garry and I decided not to tell his Mom and the family.


December 6: Finally!! We are off to the province. Garry is doing great now. So excited and wanted to just rest and inhale a fresh air. Its about 3 hours trip in a small ship. In there, no Internet and far away from the city. All you can hear is birds and some chicken hehehe.... I will try be online at least once a week. I said "I will try" :)

No comments: