Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas is here!!

Christmas is here! It's 4:00 AM and I just arrived home from helping a friend decorate his house for Christmas. He is going to surprise his fiancee. She will be home from work around 7:00 AM.

They lost all of their Christmas stuff 2 months ago because of the flood in their basement. The worst part is, they just moved in that house for a month when it happened. His fiancee is a Christmas person. She loves to decorate the house and everything but can't do it anymore. They are on a tight budget as they just purchased the house. But my friend wants to surprise her. So while she was sleeping, we went shopping for Christmas decors and since we are on a budget we went to a thrift store, Ollie’s Bargain Outlet and Big Lots which we got some good deals.

When she went to work (around 7:00 PM) and that's the time he went to work. A friend let him borrow a 7 foot Christmas Tree and around 11:00 PM we started decorating the house. There was 3 of us and we had fun. I can feel the Christmas spirit while putting the Christmas tree together. Christmas songs was in the background and we are all singing with it. We did not put everything though. Just enough to lift her spirit and let her know that Christmas is here. It can still happen. We know that she also want to do the rest so we are going to let her have some fun too. I am so excited. I can't wait to hear what her reactions will be. I told my friend to let me know. So, as of now all I can do is to get some sleep.

And to everyone out there... Christmas is coming and in fact for some, Christmas is here!!!

1 comment:

Pipseater said...

Well Edna, I am not a Christmas person but I wished you the best of happiness for U and the Family. Let's hope the flood wont be coming this year. So it will be a great comfort when the festive comes.