Sunday, November 2, 2008

Daylight Saving Time!

When I wake up this morning and sat infront of the computer I knew there was something wrong. I keep on looking at computer's monitor and I cant seems to know what is really wrong. I keep looking at the alarm clock infront of me and realized one thing. The time in my computer and alarm clock was different. So, that was it. Then I remember its the start of what they called Daylight Saving Time and the alarm clock was an hour early LOL!!! So I just set the time and everything looks thesame now hehehe.

Daylight Saving Time... Where it's all Begun!!!

It is said that Benjamin Franklin was the fist to think of Day Light Saving during his stay in Paris as an American delegate in 1784. But this idea was pushed by William Willet, in the a short essay intitled "The Waste of Daylight" in 1907. In his essay William Willet wrote "Everyone appreciates the long, light evernings. Everyone laments their shortage as Autumn approaches; and everyone has given utterance to regret that the clear, bright light of an early morning during Spring and Summer months is so seldom seen or used." This is where it has begun. The it was implemented in the US on March 1918 and after that there has been changes of the law. Just like any laws there are some inconsistency which caused some confusion.

Hmmm... as for me this is the first time that I am affected with daylight saving time. So I dont know if this will really effect my daily task. But hey! who doesn't like an extra hour in bed? Me... I don't mind at all LOL!!!

No comments: