Monday, December 1, 2008

World's Oldest Person Died at 115

AP - Edna Parker holds a rose that she wasgiven during a birthday party for her inShelbyville, Ind., in April.
November 26, 2007, the world's oldest person died at 115 years old. Edna Parker died at a nursing home. Outlived her husband for almost 70 years and her two sons.

I wonder what her secret is. They said she never drank alcohol or smoked and lived an active life. My grandmother was the same thing, never drank or smoked and also very active but she died at the age of 85. Hhhmmmm...

This news has been in my head for a couple of days. I keep on wondering about at what age I am going to face death. As much as I hate talking about death I can’t help but wonder. Would I like to be like her? I always said to myself that if I reach 60 I’m good to go. I don't even know if I will reach 60. Do you? My husband said to me one time that if we only know when we are going to die everything will be different. Will, one thing is for sure and that is nothing in this life is certain. Today you might have a job then tomorrow you don't. I guess that's life. So whatever we have now we need to be sure to get most of it. As I said life is so short that we must live our life to the fullest.

to read the story here is the link

3 comments:

sunny said...

right! live life to the fullest, be with each moment. life is about sharing your life with others.....dying early or very old isn't the issue, the thing that really matters is how you touched other's lives...take care! nice post!

Eds said...

Thanks sunny! You are right. When I am going to die now or tomorrow I dont have regrets. One that I will miss people that I love.

Unknown said...

I do not want to outlive my husband by 65(!) years. Or my children.

But I suppose when life throws out the unexpected we all rise to the challenge somehow.

But I'm with you, 60-70 and I'm out.